Friday, April 23, 2010

TM Advertising

TM Advertising is an Interpublic agency that is headquartered in Dallas, Texas. Some of their clients include: Nintendo Wii, the American Heart Association, Texas Tourism, Superpages.com, and Nationwide. The following spot is for Nationwide and features Kevin Federline.


I personally do not like this spot and feel that it does a terrible job of getting the client's message across. I really do not understand the whole concept... first Kevin Federline is rapping with girls around him, then he is working at a fast food restaurant. I am unsure that the connection really makes sense here. I suppose that it has potential, but I missed the punchline of how "Life Comes At You Fast" has anything to do with what we have been shown so far in the spot.

I also think that Kevin Federline may not be the best person to have representing one's company. First of all, his connection with his past marriage to Britney Spears does not help him out. Also that was his second marriage, so we are talking two divorces. Not that divorce is always bad, but two doesn't make him look all that jazzy (or reliable I might ad). I just think there would have been better people to choose to feature in this spot and better ways to get the message across than the angle that TM Advertising chose to use in the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment