The Martin Agency is an advertising agency headquartered in Richmond, Virginia. Recently, The Martin Agency was named "U.S. Agency of the Year" by AdWeek. One of the Martin Agency's most well-known clients is Geico. However, they also have done work for other big named clients such as Walmart, Hanes, NASCAR, UPS, and BFGoodrich.
I would say that the campaign that The Martin Agency did for Geico was very successful, because different spots ran during the same time period in order to appeal to a broader audience than could be achieved through a single campaign. My personal favorite is the Geico Gecko. However, this may be because I am a girl and I think that talking lizards are cute.
I thought that this spot was effective, because it was sort of saying "What would we do without this cute lizard?" in an indirect way. Since Geico is known for it's Gecko, I thought that this spot worked well for them. It was funny how the "temp" lizard was basically the complete opposite of the Gecko, and of course the commercial ended with their signature line "Geico... 15 minutes could save you 15% or more on car insurance." However, if the Gecko was not a well established Geico icon, the spot would most likely not be as appealing to viewers.
Other campaigns that The Martin Agency has done for Geico include "Accidents are bad," featuring a talking pot hole and a talking utility pipe, "Somebody's watching you," featuring a stack of money with eyes, and "Caveman Escape Extinction," featuring some of America's favorite Neanderthals.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment