Thursday, April 22, 2010

Saatchi & Saatchi

Saatchi & Saatchi is an advertising agency, headquartered in New York, that is part of the Publicis Groupe. Some of their clients include: Sony, Toyota, Proctor and Gamble (Pampers and Tide), Miller Brewing Company (Miller High Life), and ESPN.

I would like to take a closer look at the film (commercial) campaign that Saatchi & Saatchi's Australia office did for the Toyota RAV4, titled "Bad Things Happen Indoors." I had a hard time choosing which of the spots to show, so I posted two below.





I believe that these spots are effective for promoting the RAV4. First of all, they were all around only 15 seconds in duration, and within this small time frame they were able to really get their message across. When you think about it, no one wants to be the victim of either of the situations in the spots above, and almost everyone can relate to when something bad happened inside, whether it was a minor or major incident. Since the Toyota RAV4 is an Sports Utility Vehicle it makes sense that they would want to get customers into their vehicles and out exploring the outdoors. I thought that these spots did a good job of combining humor and then highlighted the practicality of the RAV4. However, one downfall of the commercial in my opinion, would be at the end when the two people jump into the air together. I thought that part kind of cheesy, although I guess it did show people having fun outdoors. Maybe it would have been better to just show the car parked without the people in the end of the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment