Monday, April 26, 2010

Campbell Mithun

Campbell Mithun is an advertising agency within the Interpublic Group that is headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Some of their clients include Burger King, Dish Network, Toro, United Way, and Land O Lakes. Below is a spot that was done Campbell Mithun for Land O Lakes.

I am not sure how I really feel about this spot. If the message that this spot is trying to get across is what I am thinking it is, then I believe that I understand it. It seems that the spot is trying to demonstrate the fact that olive oil is healthier than butter, and that because of this more people are switching to using olive oil in their cooking rather than using butter. This Land O Lakes product offers an alternative to completely making the switch. However, I think that the "Colive" concept is kind of weird. However it is funny how they show the olive with cow print as a "hybrid" between the two. I think that overall this spot is effective, because it gets across the message that the product is healthier without entirely sacrificing butter, which I believe many Americans may appeal to.

No comments:

Post a Comment