Crispin Porter + Bogusky is an advertising agency within the MDC holding company that is headquartered in both Miami, Florida and Boulder, Colorado. Crispin has partnered with Arnold to do a great amount of extremely effective work for the Truth Anti-Smoking campaign. Some clients of Crispin Porter + Bogusky include the following: Coke Zero, IKEA, Mini Cooper, Burger King, and Best Buy. Although rather goofy, I like the spots that Crispin has done for Volkswagen. Unpimp Your Auto... Check it out below!
I like these spots because of how they play off of the MTV series "Pimp my ride." I find it comical how these ads are essentially poking fun at the extra things added to make cars "cool." I think that this campaign does a good job of getting across the idea of simplicity, which is something that Bill Bernbach used to sell Volkswagen vehicles back when DDB held the account. I think that although humorous, these spots are realistic in the way that none of those extra "jazzy" features are necessary on a vehicle. Volkswagen is a luxurious and hip, yet affordable car company, and I get this feeling from the spot without being told that. I can see a large part of the target audience for Volkswagen vehicles having seen or heard of the MTV series "Pimp my ride," so this spot would make sense to them. Even if one hadn't seen this particular television series, everyone has seen a car with so much extra rediculous stuff that they can relate. Overall, I thought that this spot was very effective.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment