
In an Absolut World...
TBWA/Chiat/Day is a rediculously creative advertising agency, headquartered in New York, that is part of the Omnicom Group. Chiat/Day based out of Los Angeles did the famous "Apple 1984" spot, with the creative talents of Lee Clow. When TBWA and Chiat/Day merged the company became TBWA/Chiat/Day. However the Chiat/Day part is only in the United States of America, not abroad. There are so many great advertising campaigns that have come out of TBWA/Chiat/Day it is hard to pick a favorite. However, I do love the campaigns that they have done for Absolut Vodka.
TBWA/Chiat/Day does an amazing job of intriguing the viewer by making their advertisements
about things other than their product, which is vodka. I have not seen one Absolut ad that focuses on the taste of their vodka, and ironically I believe that's why their advertising campaigns have been so successful.
I could not decide which advertisement to include, so I included three (two print and one television commercial) as one can see both above and below. Although Absolut has quite an iconic image with their bottle, this campaign does not focus on the bottle whatsoever (as one can see in the print ads it is small and pictured in the bottom right corner). I feel that this campaign was very effective, because of its lack of focus on the actual vodka as I discussed earlier. I love all three of these advertisements playing off the the name of the vodka "Absolut." by creating different situations that would be in the perfect or "Absoult" world.
I will be very surprised if you don't leave these advertisements feeling intrigued.


No comments:
Post a Comment