Sunday, April 25, 2010

Hill Holliday

Hill Holliday is an advertising agency within the Interpublic Group. It is headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts. Some clients of Hill Holliday include Dunkin Donuts, Liberty Mutual, Anheuser Busch, Bank of America, and Chili's. Below is a spot that Hill Holliday did for Chili's.

I did not really like this spot, because I felt that it wasn't very unique. I knew I had seen something like it before, so I thought and realized that there is a Nike commercial at a basketball game where the same concept is done. I am not sure which spot was done first, but I think that the Nike one was more interesting. After all, how interesting is playing musical chairs with a couple of colleagues in a conference room when you've already seen musical chairs being done on a much more grand scale at a basketball arena? I think that there are more effective ways for restaurants to sell their product than taking this approach. Another thing about this spot that I found unoriginal is how they show large footage of food being dipped into sauces. I mean really, we've seen that a million times. Who hasn't been to Chili's? And at least I know I've never had food that looked like that when eating there.

No comments:

Post a Comment