Saturday, April 10, 2010

Goodby Silverstein and Partners

Goodby Silverstein & Partners is an advertising agency within the Omnicom Group headquartered in San Francisco, California. Some of their many clients include: Rolling Rock, Adobe, Nintendo, and the California Dairy Processing Industry. Some of their most famous work is work that they have done for the California Dairy Processing Industry. Check out the spot below.



This spot does an excellent job of combining humor with the message that the client is trying to get across. At first, the spot seems sort of goofy because of the two men clearing out all of the milk from the shelves of a grocery store. Then I was even more confused when I saw the dog carrying cartons of milk on his back. Well, it all makes sense when the message comes on the screen that "A recent study has shown the calcium may reduce the symptoms of PMS." Finally, the viewer sees a man walk into his house with roses and milk for his wife.

I thought that this spot really did a great job of getting across the point that everyone needs to drink milk. It seems that some adults think that milk is a childish drink or that they do not need it, when in fact everyone needs a good amount of calcium to stay healthy and keep their bones strong. It was also humorous seeing all of the men trying to get milk for their wives in order for them to not be so crabby (with PMS). However, I thought that the humor was light hearted, and I did not see it offending anyone (at least not me, as a women). After all, the husbands were trying to help their wives (and themselves) out!

No comments:

Post a Comment