Saturday, April 24, 2010

Carmichael Lynch

Carmichael Lynch is an advertising agency headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota. In 1998, Carmichael Lynch was purchased by the Interpublic Group. Some of their clients are Ginn Resorts, Jack Link's, Harley-Davidson, Porsche, and IKEA. Carmichael Lynch is best known for their recreation-related advertising, especially the work that they have done in print.

I think that the spot below, from the "Dream Bigger" campaign for Ginn Resorts, is really unique, and I really like how it was done. I thought that it was really cool how the spot showed different hotel employees providing services that make one's visit more comfortable (such as making one's bed or fixing a cocktail), however, everything that they were doing was to get the golf course ready. I thought that this ad took an interesting approach to marketing Ginn Resorts.

The print spots that went along with the "Dream Bigger" campaign showed Ginn resorts as also being a family oriented place. In one of the print ads, there are kids jumping on a bed and fairy dust above and around them to show how magical the resorts are for children. (I cannot find the print it with the right to import into this blog, but I attached the link to it below.)



Link to view print ad on Carmichael Lynch website:
http://www.carmichaellynch.com/#0,10,11

No comments:

Post a Comment