McCann Erickson is an advertising agency, which was founded by H.K. McCann, with the philosophy on the advertising business as "Truth Well Told." In 1997, the McCann Worldgroup, containing five agencies including McCann Erickson, was created in order to continue producting top-shelf work around the world. Some clients of McCann Worldwide include: UNICEF, General Motors, Unilever, MasterCard, and Coca-Cola.
I was most impressed with the advertising campaign that McCann launched for UNICEF, based on Droga5's original campaign for UNICEF, in efforts for providing increased supplies of clean water to countries that are not as fortunate as we are in the United States. By viewing the video below, taken from "New York Tonight," one can see the various nontraditional methods that were used to approach solving this problem (concerning the lack of clean water available around the world).
I think that this advertising campaign was very effective for many reasons. First of all, this campaign did not preach at people or make them feel badly about the life that they were living compared to the lives that others live. I believed that it was very effective, because of the ways that were chosen to deliver the message, such as asking people if they'd like a bottle of dirty water. I was really impressed by the fact that $1.00 can provide a child with forty days of drinking water. That seems crazy, because in Dallas most vending machines sell a single bottle of water for around $1.25
I thought it was also effective how the vending machines' buttons were labeled with different ailments that one can receive from drinking contaminated or dirty water, such as Typhoid or Hepatitis. I felt that this campaign really put things in perspective as well as encouraging people to help, just by giving one dollar. Overall, seeing how this campaign worked left me feel like doing small things can really help others out. I think McCann Worldwide did a great job on this assignment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment