Monday, May 3, 2010
Rethink
Rethink is an independent advertising agency headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia. They are most known for the work that they have done for Playland, but some of their other clients include Science World, Future Shop, BC Lions, Victoria Bug Zoo, and Coast Capital Savings. I really like the work that Rethink has done for Playland, because it is kind of opposite of what one would expect to see in an advertisement for a theme park. Below are two print ads done by Rethink for Playland. I find the first one very comical, because the seats of the ride are inside of beaters. Most people know that beaters are used to whip things, and that is most likely would will happen to you if you take the adventure into Playland... be "whipped" around. I think that Rethink took a very creative, unique approach to displaying what they wanted to get across to their audience. I would assume that their target audience is thirll-seeking individuals.
The spot below is humorous, because the stuffed animal is throwing up it's stuffing. often at theme parks, guests can play various games in order to win large stuffed animals. If this stuffed guy was not attending the park on his own, he must have just been forced along for an intense ride with his proud owner. Either way, it does not look like this blue guy is enjoying his time in playland. This is funny to those that are thrill-seeking, however, for those that are not, it may discourage them from trying out the Playland amusement park. I think that this campaign is successful if Playland only wants to target thrill-seeking individuals. However, they may loose business by having these ads for people that may be interested in coming just to tag along and maybe go on a couple of milder rides.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment