Saturday, May 1, 2010

Dentsu

Dentsu is a large, global, independent Japanese advertising agency that is headquartered in Tokyo. I was very interested to find out that in Japan, Dentsu advertisements take up between 40 and 50 percent of the commercial time on television. Talk about popularity! Some clients of Dentsu include the following: Toyota, AIG, Bridgestone, Chandon, and the NBA. Below is an advertisement that was done by Dentsu in the U.S. for the Toyota Prius.
I think that this print advertisement is very effective, especially to the target audience of the Toyota Prius, a hybrid vehicle. I feel that most people that own or are interested in owning a Toyota Prius are those that are environmentally conscious, given that the Prius is a hybrid vehicle and is therefore better for the environment than the average vehicle. This advertisement seems to hit home, because it shows that even though one hybrid vehicle may not make a gigantic difference, the force of many choosing to drive a Prius instead of another vehicle can really help keep the environment cleaner in the long term. I think that this print ad is very effective, and it almost makes me want to either drive less or change to driving a hybrid vehicle because of the positive impact that this can have on the environment. This ad makes people walk away feeling good about the Toyota Prius, which is the ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment